Welcome to All Saints Great Barford!
The Tower was built in 15th Century with the remainder of the nave and chancel in the late 15th or 16th century. The font is 13th century. The south aisle was added in 1845, (displacing the existing church porch - see picture below), and the north aisle added in 1875. Free standing pews cleared from the north aisle in 1975 provided an area for other church activities. Stackable chairs (now kept there) restored much of its seating capacity. The building is generally in good order with a kitchen and toilet in an integral extension. It caters for disabled and includes a loop system for the hearing impaired. There is a separate vestry off the north aisle/chancel.
We have a small choir which meets regularly and we share an organist with Blunham. The choirs of Blunham and Great Barford join together to support Benefice services and weddings
We have a band of bell ringers who ring for some services and on special occasions. Practice is at Great Barford on the first 3 Tuesdays; in Roxton on the 4th and Tempsford on 5th Tuesday.
We hold a coffee morning/market in church on the first Saturday of most months which draws in people from the village for a social time together even though they are not regular worshippers with us.
The Good Companion Group which gives support to older people in the village has a monthly lunch at a variety of venues.
‘The Bridge’ parish magazine, is produced monthly and is funded from advertising. It is professionally printed in the village and 1,480 copies are delivered by volunteers free of charge to parishioners in Great Barford, Roxton, Chawston, Wyboston and Colesden. ‘Pew News’ is produced/printed weekly by the Benefice Administrator and is available to each member of the four congregations to keep updated on forthcoming activities and services. It is also displayed on the church notice board